XILO 5" RTF Freestyle Beginner Drone - Joshua Bardwell Edition (Pre-built)
XILO 5" RTF Freestyle Beginner Drone - Joshua Bardwell Edition (Pre-built)
Select options for stock status
About this product
The XILO Phreakstyle Complete RTF (Ready to Fly) Bundle (Joshua Bardwell Edition). The perfect beginner bundle to get you everything you need to start flying your own FPV drone. No need to try and source all the parts separately, we simplify it for you by putting everything in one kit and go an extra step and pre-assemble it all too! Each drone has been assembled, programmed, tuned, and test flown to ensure an awesome experience right out of the box. No matter if you've built 100's of quads or this is your very first drone, this XILO RTF is the easiest way to start flying your own drone.
Is this Ready to Fly kit good for Beginners?
Yes! No matter your skill level, this kit is made for you! By compiling all the gear together in 1 easy to fly kit, it takes the guesswork out of picking parts. This all-inclusive bundle pairs together proven components that are guaranteed to work well together. In this RTF version, we even build it all for you ahead of time. All you have to do is bind your receiver to the radio and plug in a battery, then you're good to go! If you ever need help with repairs or future builds there is a whole build series provided showing you how to build this same drone from the ground up.
Not only do you get a full RTF FPV drone, but XILO has partnered with the renowned FPV instructor Joshua Bardwell with a full step-by-step build guide. This build guide takes you from start to finish, building, setup, tuning, flying, radio setup, binding, updating, and more! All you have to do is follow the instructions in the video and you'll be flying your own freestyle FPV drone in no time!
What if I crash? Are there spare parts available?
Yes! GetFPV carries all the parts included in this bundle as individual spare parts as well. So fly hard, and have no fear! If you need a replacement part, we've got you covered and plan to support this kit and all the parts for a long time.
Should I choose 4s or 6s?
This XILO bundle comes with 2 options of KV for your motors, 2600KV for 4s or 1700KV for 6s. The rest of the build is identical as all the parts support both 4s or 6s builds. Generally, 4s will be a little bit cheaper since the batteries are lower cost and a bit easier to manage 4 cells compared to 6 cells. The 6S version will have a bit more potential power with the higher voltage, however, the lower KV motors help offset the rise in voltage to have a similar feel to the 4s setup. You can't go wrong with either setup, so it's up to you.
I'm new to FPV and have nothing, does this kit have everything I need to get started?
This RTF bundle comes with everything the "drone" itself needs including the radio receiver! If you are just getting into FPV and don't have anything yet there are a few key components you will need in addition to this kit to be able to fly. Please check out our "Additional Suggested Parts" list below for suggestions. The good news is most of these parts you can use across multiple drones, so it is an upfront investment, but you won't have to buy them for every drone you build necessarily.
You will need the following in addition to this kit if you don't already have them:
- Flight Batteries
- Battery Charger
- FPV Goggles / Video Receiver
- Radio Transmitter (Controller)
- Tools for building
- AUW: Phreakstyle Slam Freestyle Quadcopter kit has an AUW of 375g (excluding battery)
- Designed for up to 5.1" propellers
- Your choice of 4s or 6s battery depending on motors
- 37CH 5.8GHz USA legal analog video transmitter up to 600mW with Smart Audio
- F4 Flight Controller with latest BetaFlight firmware compatibility
- Powerful 45A BLHeli_32 ESC with Current sensor and Telemetry
- Kit designed for Freestyle FPV and can carry an HD Recording camera for Epic footage
Included Components and Parts
RTF kit includes the XILO Phreakstyle Slam FPV Freestyle Quadcopter and all electronics fully assembled (just need to add flight battery and a radio controller)
- 1 x XILO Phreakstyle Slam Freestyle Quadcopter - 5"
- 4 x XILO Stealth 2206 1700KV Motor (6S) or XILO Stealth 2206 2600KV Motor (4S)
- 1 x XILO Stax Combo - F4 Flight Controller + 45A BLHeli_32 6s 4-in-1 ESC
- 1 x XILO AXII SMA 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP)
- 1 x XILO STAX 5.8GHz FPV Video Transmitter (25-600mW)
- 4 x Lumenier 5x5.3x3 - Gate Breaker Propeller
- 1 x XILO Phreakstyle Antenna Mount - SMA/RX - Black
- 1 x XILO Micro Mutant - 1200TVL 2.1mm FPV Camera
- 1 x Custom XILO Bardwell Edition Zipper Case with Carrying Handle
- 1 x FrSky R-XSR Receiver or TBS Crossfire Nano Rx
Additional Suggested Parts (not included in the Kit)
- Lipo Battery:
- 6s - XILO 1250mAh 6s 75c Lipo Battery or Lumenier N2O 1500mAh 6s 120c Lipo Battery
- 4s - XILO 1500mAh 4s 100c Lipo Battery or Lumenier N2O 1500mAh 4s 120c Lipo Battery
- Battery Charger:
- Budget: iSDT 608AC Smart Battery Charger AC 50W DC 200W 8A w/ Detachable Power Supply or EV-Peak A1 100W 10Amp Touch Screen NiMH / LiPO Battery Balance Charger or iSDT D1 AC 100W DC 250W 1-6S Dual Mode Smart Charger
- Premium: ToolkitRC M8S 400W 18A Charger, Cell Checker, Servo Tester, Signal Tester + Power Supply for Battery Charger - 400w 16.7A 24V w/ XT60
- Parallel Board: Lumenier ParaGuard - Safe Parallel Charging Board (XT-60 - 6 Port)
- FPV Goggles
- HD Action Camera:
- Radio Transmitter:
- Midrange: FrSky Taranis X9 Lite ACCESS 2.4G 24CH Radio Transmitter
- Premium: FrSky Taranis X9D Plus Special Edition 2019 ACCESS 2.4G 24CH Radio Transmitter
- Radio Receiver:
- Midrange: FrSky XM+ SBUS Mini Receiver
- Premium: FrSky R-XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Micro Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM
- XILO Medium Lipo Strap - 16x250mm (3pcs) or Lumenier Indestructible Kevlar Lipo Strap - 16x250mm (3pcs)
- 110V 300W Portable Mini Heat Gun Tool - Hot Air Gun
- TS100 Digital OLED Programmable Interface Mini Soldering Iron and Kester 44 Flux-Cored Solder Wire | Sn63Pb37, 66 Core, 0.31" Diameter
- Ethix Tool Case (9 Pcs) or HDT RC Tool Set (Set of 10)
Please note: Any products you add to your order that are "back-ordered" or not in stock will hold-up your entire order until everything is in stock to ship together. We suggest placing 2 orders separately if you need items that are on back-order. Place 1 order for everything in stock now, and a 2nd for the back-ordered items. This way the in-stock items can ship immediately, and the back-orders will ship once they come back in stock.
Want to build your own from parts?
We also sell this same drone as a "kit" of parts where you can follow along with Joshua Bardwell's videos and built it all yourself!
Full Video Build Guide and Resources
- XILO Stax User Manual - Download Here
- Betaflight_XILOF4.hex - Download Here
- Download the latest BLHeli_32 Configurator here
- Download the BLHeli_32 User Manual here
- Download the BetaFlight VTX table to allow for Smart Audio integration here. (Rick click and "save as" to download)
If you choose the FrSky Receiver:
Note: If you choose the FrSky R-XSR version of this RTF please be aware this receiver is running the latest ACCST v2 firmware, also known at FrSky X2. In order to bind to this receiver your radio controller must be using the same or newer firmware version. You can download the newest 2.xx firmware for your radio from FrSky here if needed. Please be aware that once you upgrade to the new ACCST v2 firmware that it will not be back-wards compatible with older receivers running older firmware.
|Item Returns||This item can be returned|