The Lumenier QAV-R FPV racing quadcopter airframe is a lightweight, super stiff, finely tuned airframe designed for high-performance FPV Drone Racing. The airframe implements 4mm thick removable arms and supports various arm sizes supporting 4", 5", and 6" propellers. Lumenier's QAV-R brand comprises a number of highly specialized components for the FPV Drone Racer. This newest version of the QAV-R features a stronger carbon fiber bottom plate and thicker 2mm top plate, giving you the best of both durability and performance.
This RTF has been fully built and test flown for you, so you can simply bind your Spektrum radio and go! Our professional build team takes the guesswork out of building and tuning for you by pre-programming the flight controller settings and using only high-quality lumenier motors, ESCs and FPV gear.
The Lumenier QAV-R quad deploys and improves the removable center X arm position made popular in pro pilot circles by the Alien racing quad and further refines the popular center section of the Lumenier QAV210/180 with a number of key innovations. To enable extremely fast arm changeovers in race pit settings, the QAV-R frame implements custom developed, precision machined aluminum mounting hardware. This hardware allows a pilot to remove an arm by removing 3 screws from the bottom of the airframe without the need to worry about holding nuts or other hardware on the inside of the airframe. One 2mm Allen tool is all that is needed to completely remove an arm within seconds. The custom aluminum hardware also stiffens the frame core and eliminates the need for captive nuts that would have to be press fit into the Carbon Fiber. No structural connection is made between the arm fasteners and the power distribution board to avoid shorts during severe crashes. The bare QAV-R frame kit weighs only 106g (with PDB, but no other electronics or motors), significantly lighter than the competition.
The airframe comes with all Aluminum hardware. All screws are premium, black oxide steel. The long aluminum spacers are also anodized black and, for the first time, have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.
Lumenier has a wide variety of accessories available for the QAV-R airframe. These accessories include a high-quality carrying case, a super bright RGB LED board, vibration isolation HD camera mount, and more.
- This RTF version is fully built, test flown and comes with everything to get you going. Just bind the receiver and set up your radio and you're good to go.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 2mm main plate and 4mm removable arms
- Custom aluminum hardware to enable one tool, quick swapping of arms in race pit settings
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip anodized spacers
- Lumenier Neoprene Landing Pads
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- Flight controller cover plate includes cutouts for SMA connector and video transmitter as well as a holder for the included XT-60 Lipo pig-tail.
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a 1300mah 3 or 4s)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as 26mm cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650.
- Support to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session) with optional camera vibration mount (not included)
- Airframe: 99g (airframe + hardware), 106 (with PDB).
- AUW: The QAV-R FPV Quadcopter is flown with an AUW of 340g (excluding battery)
RTF Included Components and Parts
- A fully built and tested Lumenier QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter 5"
- 5" Anti-Vibration neoprene tape
- 1x Lumenier lipo strap
- 8x Lumenier 5x5x3 Butter Cutter propellers (4 CW, 4 CCW)
- 4x Lumenier MX2206-9 2450KV Motor
- 1x Lumenier BLHeli_32 32bit 35A 4-in-1 ESC 2-4s w/ BEC 3A/12v, 1A/5v, DSHOT 1200
- 1x RunCam Eagle 2 Pro CM-1200 Lumenier Edition
- 1x Lumenier TX5GS 25-200-500mW 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter w/ BFCMS Control (MMCX)
- 1x Lumenier AXII Stubby 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP)
- 1x Lumenier F4 AIO Flight Controller (F4, OSD, PDB, Curr., V.Reg.)
- 1x Spektrum Quad Race Serial Receiver w/ Telemetry (SPM4649T)
- Each airframe is professionally hand built and test flown.
Additional Suggested Parts (not included in the RTF)
- Lipo: Lumenier 1300mAh 3s or Lumenier 1300mAh 4s
- RC TX/RX: DX8 Gen 2 DSMX® 8-Channel Transmitter
- FPV Goggles: Fat Shark Attitude V3
- HD Recording Camera: GoPro HERO5 Session
- HD Camera Mount: QAV180/210 Carbon Fiber Vibration Damping Camera Plate (GoPro or Mobius)
Lumenier F4 AIO Flight Controller
The Lumenier F4 AIO Flight Controller combines an STM32F4 MCU, Betaflight OSD, full PDB, 12v 3A and 5v 3A BEC, Current Sensor, all in 1 compact package and weighing only 10g! Like other Betaflight OSD enabled flight controllers, you’ll be able to tune your PID’s using your transmitter and use the drag and drop OSD setup in the OSD tab of the BetaFlight Configurator.
- STM32F4 MCU (Spi connected to Gyro)
- Built-in PDB for direct connect of ESC power and signal wires
- Built-in high current bar
- Direct battery connect 3-6S with filtered Output of 5v 3A, 12v 3A
- SBUS/PPM + DSMX Ports
- SPI Gyro MPU6000
- On-Board Drag and Drop OSD (controlled by BetaFlight, FC over SPI bus)
- Onboard SD Memory for Blackbox
- Built-in Current Sensor (~140A)
- 3x UART
- Buzzer output
- WS2812B LED output
Lumenier QAV-R FPV Quadcopter airframe Introduction
The Lumenier QAV-R FPV Quadcopter airframe flown by Skitzo
The Lumenier QAV-R FPV Quadcopter airframe flown by Tomz FPV
"Lumenier", "QAV-R" and "QAV" are registered trademarks of FPV Manuals LLC DBA Lumenier. Patents Pending.
- Additional Information
SKU 6513 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) No