The Lumenier QAV-CINE Freybott Edition is a versatile micro sized (2.5" props) FPV quadcopter designed to be small and agile with full propeller protection all while still carrying a "naked" GoPro camera.
Lumenier has teamed up with world-renowned FPV pilot Phil Freybott to bring you the ultimate micro cinematography rig. Phil is the founder of Cinequads, which is a FPV based cinematography company creating high quality cinematic content with the use of FPV drones. Phil has many years of experience shooting professionally with FPV drones on TV commercial sets, movies, and automotive brands like Porsche and Mercedes to name a few. Through his professional experience and optimized work flow, and combined with Lumenier's high quality design and manufacturing, they bring you the ultimate 2.5" FPV drone.
Being a full time Professional Commercial Drone pilot I was in need of a small and reliable working rig that's super light but still stiff and strong at the same time. It needed all the flight characteristics of a 5 inch quad, but that's really hard to achieve on a quad this small, so we went trough a lot of testing and prototyping to find the right balance between weight and size. We use this drone on 70% of our client shoots, and it's absolute amazing to have something that small and powerful in your collection. But you don't have to be a Pro to enjoy this quad, and one of my biggest goals was to make this quad as versatile as possible so everyone can build it their own way. There is no limits when it comes to mounting your components. Doesn't matter if it's analog or Digital. There are options and layouts for everyone. This sub 250g beast is just to much fun and you will see that you put your 5 inch quad aside more then you think! Have fun and create amazing things.
Designed for both HD and Analog Systems
The QAV-CINE frame was designed from the ground up to be very versatile and allow many different configurations with the same design. This one airframe design fits 20x20 stacks, 25.5x25.5 toothpick AIO boards, Caddx Vista digital HD system, mounting points for antenna, camera, receiver transmitter and more. Now you can fly in full digital HD in an incredibly small package!
Improved Flight Time and Performance
The Lumenier QAV-CINE Freybott Edition allows you to build your quad how you want it. This airframe design supports both standard motor mounting and pusher configuration. In the pusher configuration it was found to have 15-20% more flight time and even better throttle response. Many "pusher" style frames struggle to easily take off from the ground since their props are often resting on the surface, but with the QAV-CINE it's no problem since the entire prop is surrounded by carbon fiber. This gives you plenty of clearance to take-off and land without any issue.
With an all up weight of just 53g this airframe is top in class. It has the perfect balance of durability and protection that you need, without any extra dead weight that you don't. The body is made up of ultra-strong 3K carbon fiber paired with beautiful multi-colored chromed aluminum standoffs. Combined with custom light-weight quick-swap battery straps and M2 hardware, this kit is the perfect 2.5" setup.
Supports "Naked" GoPro Mounting
Want to add 4k buttery smooth video recording to your QAV-CINE? No problem the frame is designed to carry a "naked" style GoPro camera with a dedicated camera mounting bard on top. This allows a variety of cases and 3-D prints to securely hold the GoPro camera in place making sure you get the perfect shot!
Added Protection with Modular Foam Bumpers
The QAV-CINE Freybott Edition gives you the option to fly with only the Carbon Fiber frame, or add extra protection with the snap on foam bumpers. Flying close to people or object that you need a little more security? No problem! Simply pop on the foam pads in seconds and you're good to go. When you're done you can take them back off and flying again with just the carbon guards. Easy!
- Weight: 53g (66g with bumpers and lipo straps)
- Dimension: 180mm x 145mm x 26mm
- Material: 3k Premium Carbon Fiber
- Download the 3D print file to attach the BetaFPV Naked GoPro Case V2 to the frame here.
Buy the BETAFPV Naked Camera V2 Case (Injection Molded)
- Download the QAV-CINE Freybott Edition Build Guide
- 1x - Lumenier QAV-CINE Freybott Edition (2.5") kit
- 1x - 2mm Carbon Fiber Motor Plate
- 1x - 2mm Carbon Fiber Bumper Plate
- 2x - 1mm Carbon Fiber Camera Side Plate
- 4x - Foam Bumpers
- 1x - Set of Hardware (Steel M2 Screws, Aluminum standoffs, rubber o-rings, nuts)
- 1x - Foam Battery Pad
- 2x Lumenier Custom Elastic Quick Change Battery Straps
Additional Suggested Build Parts List
- AIO FC / ESC - BETAFPV Toothpick F4 2-4S 20A AIO Brushless V3 Flight Controller (BLHeli_S) or BETAFPV Toothpick F4 2-6S 35A AIO Brushless Flight Controller (BLHeli_32)
- Motors - BETAFPV 1204 5000KV Brushless Motors (4pcs) or Flywoo ROBO RB 1204 5150KV
- HD FPV System - Caddx Vista Digital HD System for DJI HD FPV
- Props - HQProp DP 2.5x3.5x3 Propeller (Set of 4 - Black)
- Long Range Receiver - TBS Crossfire Nano Rx + TBS Crossfire Immortal T Antenna V2
- HD Recording Camera - GoPro Hero 6 or 7 (naked) + BETAFPV Naked Camera V2 Case (Injection Molded) + BEC Combo
- Battery -Lumenier Graphene 700mAh 4s 75c Lipo Battery (XT-30) or Lumenier 850mAh 4s 75c Lipo Battery (XT-30) or TATTU 650mAh 4S1P 75C 14.8V Lipo Battery Pack with XT30 plug
Need help with your own Naked GoPro and settings? Check out the Facebook Group NAKED Cinewhoop Community / GoPro - Insta360 and the others!
- Additional Information
SKU 13381 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) No