The Lumenier LUX V2 flight controller is the next generation of the popular Lumenier LUX. It uses a powerful F3 processor along with top of the line hardware. Unleash the capabilities of your FPV Racing Quadcopter with the Lumenier LUX Flight Controller. Achieve gyro refresh rates up to 8kHz (high speed SPI) using popular Betaflight, CleanFlight and RaceFlight firmware along with ultra low looptimes. The LUX comes with BetaFlight pre-installed.
The LUX V2 builds on all the best features of the V1 board and further improves on hardware components and layout. Now you get a whopping 5x dedicated UART ports for periphials, along with an SD Card slot for practically unlimited data logging. The MPU has also been updated to the low noise MPU6000 Gyro making tuning even easier. No longer do you need to solder jumper pads for PPM/SBUS selection, it is automatically chosen via software! The powerful F3 MCU also supports the latest DSHOT protocol available in the newest BetaFlight firmware.
The Lumenier LUX is a very low profile board allowing it to be mounted in a variety of ways. Signal wires can be soldered directly to the pads to save on size and weight. The LUX supports PPM or Serial RX (including Futaba, FrSky, S.BUS, DSMX). A signal inverter is already included for S.BUS. Please note: PWM input for individual channels is not supported.
- New in V2
- Dedicated UART for RC RX use, no need to solder a jumper to select PPM/SRX anymore.
- Dedicated telemetry UART, this brings the total to 5x plus USB.
- SD Card slot for BlackBox data recording (SD card not included)
- Low noise MPU6000 SPI Gyro.
- USB detection can disable things like buzzer when configuring on the bench.
- New ultra low noise regulators for MCU and IMU power systems.
- USB Conflict resolution - Hardware inversion, SBUS or telemetry can be used on any of the 3 available hardware serial ports. USB will not interfere with peripherals.
- High Speed SPI 8kHz Gyro
- MPU interrupt connected to F3, allowing the F3 to know immediately when fresh data is available.
- Dedicated Boot button for easy firmware flashing.
- Reinforced solder pads for trouble-free direct soldering.
- Extremely low profile design.
- Recessed, sideways pin headers. Also enables soldering of all wires directly to pads without use of any pin headers.
- Integrated FRSky RSSI Filter (RC filter).
- Input voltage 6v to 24v. Power the board directly from flight pack up to 6S (on 'BAT' pad only!).
- VIN + VBAT merged - A single wire to power the board will provide voltage input and Telemetry/OSD voltage data.
- Filtered voltage output - output 5v 1A (and 3.3v where applicable) to power peripherals such as GPS, RX, BLACKBOX, OSD. 5v/3.3v RX selectable.
- Note: RX pad is dedicated to UART 4 in the Configurator.
- Betaflight support (Supports new DSHOT protocol)
- Cleanflight support (RACE target).
- BLHeli passthrough flashing supported by hardware
- Raceflight ready
- STM32F303RCT6(256kB flash) 32-bit processor
- MPU6000 SPI Gyro/Accelerometer
- Micro SD memory card slot (SD card not included)
- High quality, gold plated PCB
- Highest quality components, individually sourced to meet Lumenier standards
- Micro USB connector for programming
- Dimensions: 36x36x6mm (includes USB in height)
- Mounting Holes: 30.5mm square to center of holes
- Weight: 5g
- 1x Lumenier Lux V2 Flight Controller
- Download the Lumenier LUX V2 Quick Start Guide
- Download Cleanflight (Target coming soon)
- Download Betaflight Configurator - Latest Betaflight Firmware (Load the "LUXV2_Race" target)
- Download Raceflight (Target coming soon)
Joshua Bardwell Review
Lumenier™ and LUX™ are registered trademarks of Lumenier.
Top quality FC review by d on 9/5/2017
Pros: light, easy to solder, setup is quick, pre tin the pads and you are in the air in less than an hour.
cons: no OSD. if it had it, it would be perfect.
summary: nothing more than you need, works perfect and gets you in the air.
Easy to solder review by Max on 6/25/2017
Put this FC on my first build, and I loved it. Super easy to work with because of the large pads. I only wish it had a Betaflight OSD
High Quality review by Turboomni on 5/25/2017
My second quad build with a Qav 210 and the Lumenier LUX V2. Plenty of room to solder and wire up neatly along with the Lumenier 4 in 1 20 amp esc which is also great.. Easy documentation that explains where to do what. The performance of my Qav 210 is fantastic. I highly recommend all three products mentioned and of course the Getfpv.com.
Awesom review by George on 5/24/2017
This must be the best Betaflight controller out there!
Superb quality on pads and on the board overall, on my qavr build and beta 3.1.7 stock pids are killer , just adjust rates!
Well done Lumenier
A Must Have!! review by Alejandro Echeverry on 5/2/2017
Its a pleasure to solder, a pleasure to fly, a pleasure to solderer, a pleasure to re-solderer. Thumbs up Lumenier!! You take the LUX v1 and correct everything to make one of the most polished FCs out there!!
Great board review by Robert on 3/18/2017
I love this board. The solder pads are durable enough to redo them over and over without lift off ore melting. I got it wet landing in the only puddle in the whole field. Lucky for me i was given the opportunity to replace the pdb and one of the esc's. The thing is you put it together and maiden flight so smooth i was amazed. I the soon after replaced all the Esc's. That is where the easy solder pads come in. Hopefully the will add OSD soon.
Lux Luver review by Geri on 3/15/2017
I have had about 8-9 lux's total. The original Lux had some problems but I still loved it. This is the Lux 1 with all the probelms fixed at a cheaper price! i have used about 5 Lux v2's now and love them all. On my last two builds I haven't even needed to adjust the pids. Highly recommend!
Best on the market!!! review by colten on 2/27/2017
I love this fc paird with the Dlux osd and you got a nice clean set up so smooth with opto esc and the sdcard slot come on 5 uarts what else could you want ? I love it and it will be going in all my latest quads!!!
Love this little guy! review by Ryan on 2/27/2017
If your looking for a FC that's laid out super neat and clean this is it! It handles great in a 5" 22 setup, I honestly couldn't ask for more.
I'll be buying more of these for future builds and especially to test with Raceflight!
Best FC review by Benjamin on 2/27/2017
I had the LUX v1 which I could never get rid of the twitching with my quad (BLHeli-S ESCs and RS2205s motors). I upgraded to the Lux v2 and the twitching was gone. So smooth now. Don't waste your time or money with other flight controllers
very nice flight controller review by oscar on 2/27/2017
I just completed my new quad and I really like this flight controller easy to work and the best part of all no twitching, love how it flies all of the option on the board i recommend this flight controller. For the money and quality very nice good job Lumenier with the LUX V2.
Great flying right out of the box review by matt on 2/26/2017
Soldering all of my wires directly was easy and painless, pads are great and the quality of the FC is top quality. The BF tuning works amazing right away, very little tweaking is going to be required and getting in the air took very little effort. Stock tuning shows no oscillation, good responsiveness, everything works just like you would expect. I think I'm going to really enjoy the capabilities of this FC.
Must have dampeners for gyro on smaller builds review by Matthew on 2/26/2017
At first my 150mm 3" quadblade was violently lunging in directions unpredictably. I finally isolated the flight controller with rubber o rings and that behavior stopped. Must have been the high pitch vibrations produced from small micro builds. Am using 3100 Kv motors with Racekraft 3x3x4 blades and tou can hear the high pitch noise compared to bigger builds. It took me changing flight controllers and escs before I was able to diagnose the physical high pitch vibrations wrecking havoc on the gyro. Now I can say this is a good flight controller.
Enjoying this FC review by Kevin on 2/2/2017
I love the big pads to solder too. Great layout. I will be buying more of these. I own some of the Original Lux and enjoyed them. This one is a world better.
Best layout and plenty of options review by VVS on 2/1/2017
Everything so well designed and super easy to build with. Flies great with BF 3.1 release.
Hands down best non-integrated FC, must have for builds where you have your own PDB/OSD.
Very Good FC review by Konstantin on 1/13/2017
Just completed new build with this FC and flight few packs. Very good. Tried two modes: self-leveling and acro. Both are just perfect. Fills very responsive, no drift in self-leveling. Rolls and other maneuvers are sharp and accurate. Tried Full Throttle -> Min Throttle -> Full Throttle in flight. No oscillations or jitters at all. And I even did not tried to tune the PID !
LUX only better review by Levi on 1/8/2017
I was a fan of the original LUX, except the noisy gyro that caused issues with BLHeli_S escs, that dang twitching. I think the LUX is the best laid out board on the market. It is simple, the pads are high quality and in the perfect locations, with very few necessary pads being on the bottom. All of that makes the LUXV2 an incredibly easy board to install. The F3 chip runs plenty fast, and handles Dshot like a champ. The gyro is very clean, and I no longer need to soft mount the board. I am very happy with my new LUXv2!
So far SOO GOOODD review by Nik on 12/30/2016
Flies like a dream, I owned the Luxv1 before this board and I was always having issues with the twitching. It seemed like no matter how much I dampened the FC it didn't change the twitch. This is now GONE! WOW! I can finally feel what the Lux is all about, going to have to give this board 5 Stars, loving every minute of it. For the price, I couldn't ask for more. Well done.