The RCX 1806-2 2400KV Micro Outrunner Brushless Motor is specifically designed for small multirotors. This is small yet powerful little motor, capable of running off a 2s or 3s battery setup and designed to run 5" props.
Testing shows this motor at full load demands between 8A - 10A current. So a >12A ESC is recommended (Lumenier 12 amp ESC with SimonK Firmware), a 6A ESC might be too low if you need to drive it very hard. This motor is compatible with the QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter (may require an M2x5 screw with larger head or washer and a litte modification to the QAV250 motor mounting plate).
- Model: H1806-6
- KV: 2400KV
- Weight: Approx. 20g (depends on the cable length and prop mount)
- 18g if you cut the cables to short (without Prop Mount)
- 21g if you cut the cables to short (with Prop Mount)
- Prop Shaft Diameter: 5mm (no prop adapter is required for most 5mm props)
- Clockwise Screw Thread
- Stator Diameter: 18mm
- Stator Length: 6mm
- Shaft Diameter: 2mm
- Motor Dimensions: Φ23x18.5mm
- Max Continuous Current: Approx. 13A -- Watch Video
- Max. Continuous Power: Approx. Watch Video
- ldle Current: 0.63A
- Internal Resistance: 0.165Ω
- Suitable ESC: 10-15A (depends on the prop you use)
- Suitable Battery: 2-3S Li-Po
- 10A ESC is OK if you use a 5030 2-Rotor Prop (according to our test, it drew 9.3A with 105W at 11.4V). However, if you use 5045, 6020, 6030 etc larger props you might need a 12A - 15A ESC (15A is more safe) to avoid over-driving the ESC (will result burn of ESC if it is over-current).
- With the test of 5045 Prop, it draws 13.2A with 158W @ 12V. So you need a 12A ESC at least. However, 15A is more safe.
- 6020 T-Type Prop: It draws 14.2A @ 12.6V (and 12.3A @ 11.1V). So you need a 15A ESC is more safe or at least a good 12A ESC which can handle high current.
- 6045 Prop: We have tested it with 6045 with under 11.1 & 12.6V, the motor heat went up very fast and it is too ho so. please do not try it with 6045 for 2400kv.
- 6030 Prop: Too hot at high RPM so not recommended.
- 1 x RCX 1806-6 2400KV Micro Outrunner Brushless Motor
- 1 x Set of Prop Mount (T-Type & Standard)
- 1 x Set of Screws
- 1 x Set of bullet connectors
- Additional Information
SKU 2245 Manufacturer RCX UPC (GTIN) No Popo Compatible No