The Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter airframe is a small yet fully functional FPV quad deserving the QAV label. The QAV250 is a symmetric 250mm size airframe that accommodates 5" props. The 250mm is measured motor shaft to motor shaft diagonally.
The new v1.1 updates the 3mm carbon fiber unibody to give it maximum strength. The arms now have more carbon and smaller holes giving them extra strength. Also the point where the arm meets the body has been significantly beefed up. The new v1.1 design can handle the harsh impacts a high speed 250 racer takes.
The airframe is designed to support a 3s-4s lipo setup with light and powerful Lumenier RX2206 2350kv motors.
- A 2.5D CNC-ed Carbon Fiber unibody main frame board
- Integrated power distribution board for ESCs and FPV flight electronics
- 2 integrated LED strips (white and red) to aid LOS orientation
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a Lumenier 3s 1300mah)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as cams in cases with mounting bracket
- Support for HD camera (such as the Mobius)
- Integrated and included Landing Gear reminiscent of the QAV500 CF Landing Gear
- Airframe: 122g (with PDB and LED boards)
- AUW: The QAV250 is flown with an AUW of around 500g (includes all flight electronics, FPV gear and Mobius HD camera).
Vibration Free Video
Like all QAV airframes, the QAV250 produces vibration and jello free HD recordings. We achieve this vibration free performance without the use of Lumenier's clean/dirty frame separation that is utilized in larger QAV airframes such as the QAV400, QAV500, and QAV540G. This simplifies the small QAV250 airframe, making it lighter, reduces parts count, and failure points. We will soon release flight videos flown by our Team of Lumenier pilots.
- 1x QAV250 Carbon Fiber airframe, board camera mount, and hardware
- 1x Power distribution board
- 2x LED boards (1 red, 1 white)
- 1x set of aluminum landing gear and vinyl feet
- 5" Anti-Vibration neoprene tape
- 1x Lumenier lipo strap
- 8x Lumenier 5x4x3 - 3 blade
- 4x Lumenier RX2206-11 2350Kv Motor
- 4x Lumenier 30A BLHeli_S ESC OPTO (2-4s) DSHOT
Additional Suggested Build Parts
Suggested FPV Gear
- FPV Camera: Lumenier CM-650 Mini - 650TVL Camera 26x26mm
- Video Transmitter: ImmersionRC 5.8gHz 600mw Video Transmitter
- Video Goggles: FatShark Attitude SD V2
- 5.8GHz Antennas: IBCrazy 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set
- HD Recording Camera: Mobius Action Camera - 1080P HD
As seen on Tested:
Great Build -- Came Together Nicely review by Brian on 4/30/2016
It's a good kit that came together well. The recommended FPV gear was well thought-out as well.
It runs well with the default Cleanflight Multiwii (Rewrite) PIDs.
recommendation review by kegan on 6/8/2015
find the quad supper sturdy and i had 0 vibration on the fpv. Its a great compact build and it will fly great. I would personally recommend getting the ARF over the RTF because this way u know how to fix anything if it breaks also for 20$ more get the carbon fibre because u will crash:) would love to see this kit with the option to include a vibration mount for the action cam.
find it a mission to get my CG right unless i put the battery on top and for some reason i don't like the battery on the top maybe i just have ocd:) would be good to see more variations to where u could mount your flight controller,maybe there is but I'm also new to quads in general and might have overlooked stuff
Fun! review by Bryan on 4/23/2015
This thing is great. surprisingly strong in crashes and fun to fly. Watch out for the landing gear though it will get ripped off and I'm afraid it might do damage on its way out.
qav 250 review by payman on 12/14/2014