The QAV "Ultra Light" X (ULX) is Lumenier's entry into the super light, sub 50g airframe category. The QAV-ULX carbon fiber frame components and hardware together come in as light as 45g, depending on configuration. All frame elements are the lightest possible while still providing no flex construction and optimum flight performance. The frame ships with a variety of optional plates that can be used to build the frame in Line of Sight (LOS) configuration or full FPV configuration. Lumenier includes new and unique "Saddle Bag" side mounting plates to attach components like the RC RX and VTX when building the frame for FPV use.
The small wheelbase of 185mm still enables 5" propellers. Optional arms for 4" propellers are available as well. Each frame comes with multiple spare parts to enable replacement of frame plates or arms after heavy impact.
The airframe comes with high quality aluminum and titanium hardware. All screws are light weight titanium. The aluminum spacers have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.
The unique aluminum threaded elbows allow you to easily replace an arm by simply removing 2 screws from the bottom of the frame. No lock nuts needed on top, and no teardown of the aiframe is requred. This means you can quickly swap arms out while at the field with just 1 tool. (Similar to the QAV-R)
Included with the QAV-ULX kit is the popular Lumenier 4Power power distribution board which can be fitted with an optional Pololu voltage drop-down circuit (to 12v or 5v), and a XT60 pig-tail. Like the QAV-X the QAV-ULX kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Lumenier CM-650 in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe
- Full frame kit as light as 45g
- Multiple build configurations, FPV, line-of-sight, arm brace box
- Ultra Compact size for 5" propellers, 185mm motor to motor. 19mm mounting.
- Titanium screws
- Easy grip black anodized aluminum spacers
- Included Lumenier 4Power power distribution board and XT-60 Pig-Tail to power ESCs and FPV flight electronics. The PDB can optionally be outfitted with a Pololu 12v or 5v voltage step-down (Pololu board not included).
- Designed around popular 26mm sized cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650 or HS1177.
- Airframe: 45g (airframe + hardware), 50g (with accessory plates), 72g (with arm braces).
- 1x QAV-ULX Ultra Light Racing Quadcopter
- 6x 4mm carbon fiber arm 5" (2 extra included)
- 4x 4mm carbon fiber arm braces
- 3x QAV-ULX Bottom Plate (1 extra included)
- 3x QAV-ULX "Saddle Bag" side racks
- 2x QAV-ULX FPV Top Plates (1 extra included)
- 2x QAV-ULX LOS Top Plates (1 extra included)
- 2x QAV-ULX G10 SMA Antenna holder (1 extra included)
- 1x Set of titanium screws and aluminum hardware
- 1x Lumenier 4Power Power distribution board + 5mm spacer / screw set
- 1x XT-60 Pig-Tail
- 1x Neoprene foam tape
- 1x Lumenier small lipo strap
- 10x Black plastic cable ties
- For a 4" prop configuration there are optional shorter arms available - 4" Carbon Fiber Arm for the QAV-ULX
- To save weight and drag we suggest using a compact 4 in 1 ESC - Lumenier Little BLHeli PRO 20A 4-in-1 ESC w/ 5v BEC or Lumenier BLHeli_S 20A 4-in-1 OPTO ESC
- Join the online discussion about the Lumenier QAV-ULX at RCGroups.com.
- Read the build review by Oscarliang.
- Additional Information
SKU 6255 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) 709951468463
Regular Price: $54.99
Special Price $39.99
Regular Price: $18.99
Special Price $13.99
Regular Price: $49.99
Special Price $38.99