The Hex RFDesign 900+ Bundle includes two RFD 900+ Ultra Long Range Radio Modem, four antennas, and an FTDI USB cable, which are perfect for all your UAV/FPV radio applications!
- Long-range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon !, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit a low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3 (Updated on RFD900+)
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered (New on RFD900+)
- Open source firmware SiK (V1.x) / tools, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Multipoint software capability with MP SiK (V2.x)
- Small, lightweight.
- Compatible with 3DR / Hope-RF radio modules.
- License-free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ\
- Frequency Range: 902 - 928 MHz (USA) / 915 - 928 MHz (Australia)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 4, 8, 16, 19, 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 192 and 250 kbit/sec ( User selectable, 64k default )
- UART data transfer rates: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 baud ( User selectable, 57600 default )
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm)
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremeties
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C, tested operational from -73 to +123 deg C.
- RF: 2 x RP-SMA connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v nominal, +5v tolerant)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
Software / GCS Support
The software solution is an open-source development called "SiK" originally by Mike Smith and improved upon by Andrew Tridgell and RFDesign. A boot loader and interface are available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port. Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels, etc., please see the 3DR wiki for commands below for now. V2.x firmware has been updated to support multipoint networking on the RFD900. V1.x (nonmultipoint) is suitable for point to point links - the source code is located at:https://github.com/RFDesign/SiK The user manual/datasheet can be found here: RFD900 Datasheet A software manual for SiK firmware is here: RFD900 Software manual RFD900 configuration tool and firmware repository: RFDesign Files 3DR/RFD900 compatible configuration tool: http://vps.oborne.me/3drradioconfig.zip Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner, with other GCS solutions in development. The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate. Software features include:
- Frequency-hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point, or Multipoint networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User-configurable serial data rates and air datarates
- Error correction routines, Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
- Compliance: The RFD900 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short-range devices)
- The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.
CubePilot Visual Guide
- 2 x RFD900+ Radio Modems
- 1 x Antenna, 900MHz Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 1 x Antenna, 900MHz Right Angle Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 4 x Antennas, 900MHz Half wave dipole 3dBi
- 1 x FTDI USB cable
Made in Taiwan
- Additional Information
SKU 12069 Manufacturer Hex Technology UPC (GTIN) 032733839640 Static Block fpv_rules
FPV Regulatory Notice
The use and operation of this type of product in the USA and many other countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. In the USA, you will need a "HAM" amateur radio license. Learn more about HAM licenses, and find a HAM license exam session in your area. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government's rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. GetFPV cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.