The Squirt started out as a special project for Robert McIntosh, Godfather of slow super proximity cinematic flying. Thanks to improvements to the Hero and content from great pilots like Nurk, it became part of a new movement dubbed Cinewhooping by Nurk.
The ducts on the Squirt generate around 240g more than without so it can carry a GoPro rather easily. The ducts also work as prop guards to work in tight areas.
You have two options for the frame: GoPro version as well as receiver type.
Note: The receiver type slightly alters the frame to accommodate said receiver. DJI FPV versions have 40mm tall standoffs and include a holder for the air unit and its antennae.
- 160mm 3" ducted quad
- Generates about 240g more thrust, so the Squirt V2 is a peppy flyer that can carry a Hero.
- It doubles as prop guards, so it's safer to fly in close proximity to people.
- Comes with 3D parts and Hero Mount.
- Hero mount is adjustable
Note: No electronics included (camera, antenna, motors, etc.)
- 4-in-1 ESC
- 1407 3200-3600kv motors
- 36x36/20x20 stack
- Micro cam (for FPV camera mount)
- HQ 4x4.3x3 props to 3" (for best performance)
- Bullnose props seem to work best as they hug the ducts
Here's some build tips from Andy Shen of ShenDrones.
- 1 x Shen Drones Squirt V2 with Variable Angle Hero Mount
- Additional Information
SKU 14056 Manufacturer Shen Drones UPC (GTIN) No Static Block blank
Regular Price: $19.99
Special Price $16.99