The Lumenier QAV-CODERED Mini FPV Quadcopter is a stretched X designed for 5" propellers. It is an ultra-durable FPV Racing quadcopter, and it is a ton of fun to fly. The Lumenier QAV-CODERED was created in collaboration with and named after Cody Matson AKA CODERED. This airframe has been uniquely designed to fully protect all the sensitive electronics in a compact and lightweight package.
The QAV-CODERED features premium Lumenier carbon fiber with a beautifully finished chamfered edge, giving the quad a sleek look while also improving the durability by removing hard edges. Each plate is sealed with a layer of clear coat paint further strengthening each piece and giving it an awesome finished look. No rough edges or carbon dust to worry about, and no sanding required.
The airframe has a solid 4mm carbon fiber unibody main plate and 3mm thick vertical side plates. The vertical side plates have slots that lock into place on the main plate and then secure to each other with 4x 25mm red textured aluminum spacers. The final result is an extremely solid airframe that can handle the abuse of FPV crashes like no other.
Even though the QAV-CODERED has been designed for 5" propellers, the main unibody plate is designed to hold a 20x20mm hole patterned flight controller and 4-in-1 ESC stack, making it a kind of hybrid 5" frame that can fit a full-size camera but also a 20x20 stack. The kit also includes a no-slip silicone sticker pad for secure lipo battery mounting. The motor mounts are designed to fit 22xx and 23xx sized motors with M3 screws. The recommended setup would include 2206 sized motors in the 2000-2800kv range running on a high C rated 4-5s Lipo battery with 3 bladed 5" propellers.
Each carbon fiber plate is CNC milled out of a solid sheet of premium Lumenier carbon fiber. The outer weave of the carbon fiber runs down each arm of the QAV-CODRED (0/90 weave), maximizing the strength of the carbon and arms. The center layers are offset at 45 degrees providing even and balanced strength throughout the entire plate.
The top plate allows for multiple cable ties to lock down your VTX antenna in place, or vertically mount your VTX and SMA connector. No more damaging the SMA connection on your VTX. The top plate also has a cutout allowing access to your VTX button and LED displays for easy channel adjustment. The 2mm top plate has multiple notches along the side making it a versatile mounting plate for a variety of accessories and HD camera mounts.
The airframe comes with high-quality aluminum hardware. The screws are premium, black oxide steel. The spacers have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.
Like the QAV-SKITZO, QAV-X CHARPU and QAV-R, the QAV-CODERED kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Lumenier CM-650 in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.
- Designed in partnership with Lumenier FPV Pilot CODERED
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe
- Ultra-durable 3mm vertical side plates
- Full FPV Camera protection
- Full-Sized for 5" propellers
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip red anodized spacers
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash
- Designed around popular 26mm sized cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650 or HS1177.
- Lightweight and rigid
- Airframe: 73g (airframe + hardware)
- 1x QAV-CODERED Mini FPV Quadcopter
- 4mm carbon fiber unibody main plate
- 2mm carbon fiber top plate
- 2x 3mm carbon fiber vertical side plates
- 2x 1mm carbon fiber nose cover plates
- 1x Set of black steel screws and aluminum hardware including knurled spacers, cable ties
- 1x No-slip silicone battery pad
- 1x XT-30 Pig-Tail
- 1x Lumenier small rubber grip lipo strap
The QAV-CODERED airframe has a few optional accessories you may be interested in.
- Lumenier CODERED TPU Camera Mount
- Lumenier Mini 4Power + Plus PDB (20x20mm)
- Lumenier MICRO LUX V2 - F4 Flight Controller + OSD
- Lumenier Mini BLHeli_S 25A 4-in-1 OPTO ESC DSHOT
- Join the online discussion about the QAV-CODERED at RCGroups.
"Lumenier" and "QAV" are registered trademarks of FPV Manuals LLC DBA Lumenier. Patents Pending.
- Additional Information
SKU 8017 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) 680138770701
Regular Price: $23.99
Special Price $14.99