- Each Mr Steele 5″ 6s Quadcopter RTF is hand-built, tuned and test flown in the USA.
- Exact replica build that Mr. Steele had endorsed and fly's himself, preloaded with his tune and settings.
- Please note some items in your bundle may not be in stock at time of purchase. Be sure to check the shopping cart to see the stock status of each item. Your order will ship once all items are in stock. We suggest placing a separate order for back-ordered items so your in stock order can ship right away.
ImpulseRC Mr Steele 5″ Quadcopter RTF
The latest RTF features the amazing ImpulseRC Mr Steele Apex Frame Kit (Light Weight). ImpulseRC has worked with legendary FPV pilot Mr Steele throughout the development lifecycle to ensure the Apex is up to the high standards of the man himself.
Note: The KISS 25A 4-in-1 ESC installed in this quad is rated for 2-5S. However, Mr. Steele flies this quad on 6S despite the rating.
About the Airframe
Apex Arm Design
The arms of an FPV frame are the key structural component that translates the thrust from the motors to the majority of the mass in the aircraft, which is secured to the body of the frame. The design of the arms and how they are attached to the body is one of the most vital aspects that influences the performance of an FPV frame.
There are multiple problems that can occur with existing arm designs which can lead to poor performance, difficulty tuning and added cost. The Apex addresses all of these problems with a simple and unique new design that eliminates all arm slop and drastically increases durability.
Symmetrical arms make it possible to pocket one side of the part without introducing the need for distinct left and right arms, making you require more spare parts. We use a pocket instead of a hole under the motor to increase durability and we embed a press nut to simplify attachment and avoid clearance issues under your stack.
Flight electronics are mounted to the upper main plate using countersink bolts. This completely decouples the arm attachment from the electronics mounting. Arms can be replaced using two bolts without any disturbance to your stack.
Shoulder Bolts and Threadlocker
Our custom machined shoulder bolts act as a solid steel pin through the arm which eliminates slop and tolerance issues. The precision shaft passing through the arm removes all side-loading of the carbon laminations on to the chisel-like threads of a regular bolt. Factory added threadlocker and custom aluminum cone washers spread the load of the clamping force and ensure the bolts will not vibrate loose.
Key to the Apex
At the apex of a masonry arch, a keystone locks all the stones into position and allows the arch to bear weight and be self-supporting. A keystone is a hallmark of strength and good design, the Apex FPV frame is no different and the carbon key sits at the heart of the frame to distribute forces applied to the arms.
Manufactured by the legendary HQProp and included free with every frame are custom skids, bumper and Crossfire antenna mount, injection-molded in abrasion-resistant glass-filled nylon. At launch, we have available Classic Black, ImpulseRC Red, and Military Coyote Brown, with more colors to follow in the future.
Also in each frame kit are two die-cut lipo pads for you to choose from, both an ultra-durable natural rubber pad as well as a lightweight velcro option for those wanting to shave every last gram.
Mr. Steele is an FPV hobby enthusiast, who has been flying FPV drones since April 2014. As a result of his massive flying skills, knowledge in FPV and "mustache" personality, he has been named one of the best in the game! Due to a high reach on social media and popularity, Mr Steele has become one of the world's first full-time professional FPV freestyle pilots. Nonetheless, Mr Steele has worked with ESPN, CNN, BMW, GoPro, RedBull, and other well-known companies!
- RTF fully built and test flown by our technicians at our GetFPV Florida facility
- Pre-tuned with smooth freestyle settings directly from Mr. Steele
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe with silky clear coat
- Premium Ethix Mr Steele 2306 1750kv Stout V3 Motor
- Advanced FETtec KISS F7 Flight Controller
- Injection molded Landing Skids on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash
- AUW: Mr Steele Apex 5″ Quadcopter RTF has an AUW of 355g (excluding battery)
RTF Included Components and Parts
A fully built and tested ImpulseRC Mr Steele 5″ Quadcopter RTF
- 1 x ImpulseRC Mr Steele Apex Frame Kit - Light Weight
- 4 x Ethix Mr Steele 2306 1750kv Stout V3 Motor
- 1 x FETtec KISS F7 Flight Controller
- 1 x FETtec 45A 3-6S 4-in-1 ESC
- 1 x RunCam Swift Mini 2 Mr. Steele Edition Camera
- 1 x TBS Unify Pro 5G8 V3 (SMA)
- 1 x TBS Triumph Pro Antenna (SMA)
- 1 x TBS Crossfire Nano Rx
- 2 x HQProp Ethix S3 Watermelon Propellers
- 2 x Ethix Lipo Strap
- 1 x Ethix GoPro Strap
Note: If you are buying this bundle from outside the United States and choose the Lipo Battery as your gift. You MUST open an account with our new shipping partner MyUS.com This is to enable your order to be shipped by air overseas, otherwise, you will not be able to check out with the battery selected.
Full Build Guide
- Additional Information
SKU 12999 UPC (GTIN) No