- Each QAV-S 5" Freestyle Quadcopter RTF is hand-built, tuned and test flown in the USA.
Introducing the Lumenier QAV-S 5" JB RTF Freestyle Quadcopter. A custom-designed drone frame for FPV Freestyle flying.
This frame was designed in collaboration with Lumenier and world-renown FPV guru Joshua Bardwell to bring you the "perfect" FPV freestyle frame. Building upon the success of the QAV-S series, the JB special edition takes it a step further with optimized design to save weight, single-piece top plate for added strength and rigidity, thicker bottom plate for more durability, lower stand-offs for improved CG and better handling, and much more!
The QAV-S is a 5-inch freestyle airframe that is ultra-durable, easy to work on, and locked-in to perform and provide the best flight feel. The QAV-S has many small details that were well-thought-out - including premium Lumenier carbon fiber with finished and chamfered edges on all the plates, 7075 colored aluminum standoffs to give the quad a sleek look, plus all hardware is included.
The QAV-S brings several new innovations to the table. The first innovation is the arm locking system which includes a hinge with a press nut that secures the arms and requires just one screw to swap the arm. This is a convenient feature when maintenance is needed. The second feature is a split bottom plate that gives enough room for a micro camera, while also reducing the rear deck space for components. Lastly, the QAV-S has isolated 20x20 and 30x30 stack mounting in the center (and 20x20 mounting in the rear) that lets you take care of your electronics stack without the need to alter the frame structure and overall build.
I chose the QAV-S as my favorite freestyle frame because it has the perfect balance of light weight, flight performance, durability, and ease of maintenance. The JB edition increases durability by going to a single-piece top plate and changing the bottom plate from 2mm to 3mm. By going to a "slammed-deck" design, the weight of the frame stays the same, and durability and flight handling are further improved.
- 20x20 and 30x30 mounting options
- Caddx Vista compatible
- Low profile design (slammed to 20mm)
- Isolated stack design (lowers vibrations to FC)
- One screw arm swap
- Split bottom plate +upgraded 3mm carbon fiber
- Narrow body plates for reduced weight and improved flight performance
- Optimized motor mounts to reduce weight
- Purple stand-offs!!
- Arm: 5mm 3K Carbon Fiber
- Aluminum Spacer: 7075 Aluminum
- Screws: YFS steel 12.9 grade
- Frame Size: 220mm
- Weight: 107g (without battery pad)
High Quality RTF Components Included
- T-Motor V2206.5 2550kv VELOCE Motors (Booster Edition)
- T-Motor P50A 3-6S BLHeli_32
- Tmotor Pacer F7 Usb-C Flight Controller
- Caddx Ratel 2 FPV Camera (Black)
- TBS UNIFY EVO
- Gemfan Hurricane Durable 3 Blade 51477 (Purple)
- Lumenier Micro AXII Shorty U.FL 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP)
- FrSky R-XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCESS Micro Receiver w/ S-Bus & CPPM
- 1x Lumenier QAV-S 5" RTF Freestyle Quadcopter (Pre-Built)
- Assembled, tuned, and test flown in the USA
- 1x Lumenier Zipper Case
- 2x Sets Gemfan Hurricane 51477 Purple Props
- 3D Print your own accessories for the QAV-S 5" Joshua Bardwell Special Edition Frame, download here.
- Additional Information
SKU 16477 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) 751313220356 Static Block fpv_rules
FPV Regulatory Notice
The use and operation of this type of product in the USA and many other countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. In the USA, you will need a "HAM" amateur radio license. Learn more about HAM licenses, and find a HAM license exam session in your area. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government's rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. GetFPV cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.