Introducing the Lumenier QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat. The worthy successor to the venerated QAV-R that many pilots fell in love with back in 2015. The QAV-R 2 keeps many design elements from the original but adds modern compatibility and features that are preferred by today's pilots.
The new "Deadcat" design for the QAV-R 2 sweeps the arms towards the back, resulting in a "no props in view" picture from 5" up to 7"! Perfect for a cinematic look of a flying camera. In addition to the swept back arms, the QAV-R 2 Deadcat uses the XL main body plates, further pushing the camera forward and allowing for more room for your gear inside. The XL plates fit 20x20 and 30x30 in the center as well as the rear.
The Deadcat is a perfect match for the new HD FPV systems as well, such as the DJI Digital HD System or the Caddx Vista Digital HD system. There is plenty of room to mount each digital system in the rear of the frame. With no props in view with the QAV-R 2 Deadcat you can make a killer digital HD flying rig!
Whether it's on the racecourse or shooting HD footage zipping down a mountainside, you'll feel like this frame was made just for you.
Made with high-quality Lumenier carbon fiber and sealed with a smooth clear coat layer on top, the QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat looks and feels amazing. The carbon weave is laid out parallel to each part of the frame, giving the most strength and durability. But what are looks without functionality right?
The QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat is built to last, with individually removable 4.5mm thick arms on the 5" and 6" versions, and 5mm thick arms on the 7" frame. The four arms form an interlocking arrangement on the bottom of the frame that strengthens the whole quad. The arms come with bumpers that protect your motors from damage should you (when you) get into an accident with a tree or asphalt. The bottom and top plates come in at 2.5mm and 2mm thick respectively, giving you 7.5mm of carbon at the center the frame.
Your electronics stack on the QAV-R 2 can be configured how you want, with either standard 30.5x30.5mm spaced stacks or mini 20x20mm stacks. Both versions of the QAV-R 2 are made to top-mount the LiPo battery. The included silicone non-slip battery pad helps grip the LiPo and prevent any movement during the flight and or during a crash.
The QAV-R 2 Deadcat comes in two different versions, the QAV-R 2 Deadcat and the QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat. Both frames have three different arm lengths to choose from -- 5", 6", and 7". The Slam version has a much shorter gap (20mm) between the top and bottom plates and is designed for micro-sized cameras, something that has become increasingly popular in the FPV community as the resurgence in arm-mounted ESCs means less space needed in the electronics stack. While the standard QAV-R 2 Deadcat is spaced 28mm between the top and bottom plates and designed for a full-size FPV camera.
The Slam comes with molded rubber camera brackets that fit any micro-sized FPV camera. While the standard QAV-R 2 Deadcat comes with carbon fiber sidewalls that fit full-size FPV cameras.
Every QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat comes with four custom neoprene landing pads, extra-long screws for electronics stacks, and plenty of cable ties.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe with removable 4.5mm arms (5", 6", 7" arm options)
- Premium carbon fiber sealed with a smooth clear coat layer on top
- Individually "keyed" removable arms, remove just 2 screws, and leave your stack in place.
- Molded rubber camera brackets for micro FPV camera
- Popular Squashed-X configuration (No props in view!)
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip black anodized spacers
- Motor guards on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash
- Fits both 30.5x and 20x stacks
- 20x mounting in both front and back in the Slam version
- Silicone non-slip battery pad
- Slam Airframe with Hardware, Battery Pad and Landing Pads:
- 5" version - 140g
- 6" version - 146g
- 7" version - 162g
- 1 x Lumenier QAV-R 2 Slam Deadcat Quadcopter Kit
- 4x 4.5mm carbon fiber arms (5mm if 7" arms chosen)
- 2mm carbon fiber top plate
- 2.5mm carbon fiber bottom plate (with press fit steel nuts)
- 2x molded camera brackets for micro FPV camera
- 1 x Set of black steel screws and aluminum hardware including knurled spacers, cable ties
- 1 x No-slip silicone battery pad
- 1 x Battery Strap
- 4 x Neoprene landing pads
- 4 x Silicone vibration-damping o-rings
- Additional Information
SKU 13274 Manufacturer Lumenier UPC (GTIN) No Static Block blank