Holybro has combined the 3DR Pixhawk Mini with its telemetry Radio V3 and OSD kit, making long-range GPS systems completely feasible on a mini quad!
The 3DR Pihawk Mini is a next-generation evolution of the Pixhawk. It is about 1/3rd the size of the original Pixhawk and has more powerful processors and sensors. The Pixhawk Mini is based on the PX4 open-hardware project and has been optimized for the PX4 flight stack..designed for engineers and hobbyists who are looking to eliminate interfaces that are normally unused.
A Holybro Telemetry Radio is a small, light, and inexpensive open source radio platform that typically allows ranges of better than 300m “out of the box” (the range can be extended to several kilometers with the use of a patch antenna on the ground). The radio uses open source firmware which has been specially designed to work well with MAVLink packets and to be integrated with the Mission Planner, Copter, Rover, and Plane.
3DR Pihawk Mini
Improvements over the original Pixhawk:
- Smaller, a third of the size.
- Rev 3 processor for long term software support.
- Improved sensors, both primary and secondary IMU MPU9250 and ICM20608 for more reliable flight.
- Included GPS module uBlox M8N GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou receiver for faster and stronger GPS lock.
- Micro JST rather than the hard-to-use DF13 connectors.
- Integrated piezo speaker and safety switch.
- Natively supports 4S batteries with the included PDB.
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 8 PWM/servo outputs
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- Integrated safety switch and optional external safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- Integrated multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
- Based on the uBlox M8N
- Concurrent reception of up to 3 GNSS (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou)
- Industry-leading –167 dBm navigation sensitivity
- Security and integrity protection
- Supports all satellite augmentation systems
- Advanced jamming and spoofing detection
- Product variants to meet performance and cost requirements
Weight and Dimensions:
- 38x43x12 mm
- 15.8 grams
- 37x37x12 mm
- 22.4 grams
Transceiver Telemetry Radio V3
- 100 mW maximum output power (adjustable) -117 dBm receive sensitivity
- Open-source SIK firmware
- RP-SMA connector
- 2-way full-duplex communication through adaptive TDM UART interface
- Transparent serial link
- MAVLink protocol framing
- Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Configurable duty cycle
- Error correction corrects up to 25% of bit errors Open-source SIK firmware
- Configurable through Mission Planner & APM Planner
- FT230X is a USB to BASIC UART IC
- Interchangeable air and ground modules 915 or 433 mHz
- Micro-USB port
- 6-position JST-GH connector
- 28 x 53 x 10.7mm (without antenna)
- Supply voltage: 5VDC (from USB or JST-GH)
- Transmit current: 100 mA at 20dBm
- Receive current: 25 mA
- Serial interface: 3.3 V UART
- The radios have 2 status LEDs, one red and one green. The meaning of the different LED states is:
- Green LED blinking - searching for another radio
- Green LED solid - link is established with another radio
- Red LED flashing - transmitting data
- Red LED solid - in firmware update mode
Connecting to Pixhawk4
Use the 6 pin JST-GH connector that should have come with the radio to connect the radio to your Pixhawk4’s “Telem 1” (“Telem 2” can also be used but the default recommendation is “Telem1”).
Connecting to a PC
Connecting the radio to your Windows PC is as simple as connecting the micro USB cable (which should have been included with the radio) to your PC. The necessary drivers should be installed automatically and the radio will appear as a new “USB Serial Port” in the Windows Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT). The Mission Planner’s COM Port selection drop-down should also contain the same new COM port.
3DR Pihawk Mini
- 1 x Pixhawk Mini Autopilot
- 1 x GPS module
- 1 x Quad Power Distribution Board
- 1 x 8 Channel PWM Breakout board
- 1 x 4 pin i2c cable and breakout board
- 1 x RC-in cable for PPM/SBUS
- 1 x 6 to 6/4 ‘Y’ adapter for GPS and additional I2C devices
- 1 x 6 pin cable (2)
- 1 x 6 pin JST to DF13 for legacy telemetry radio
- 1 x External safety switch
- 1 x 8 channel PWM breakout cable
- 1 x Mounting foam
Note: When installing the 3DR telemetry radios, use the connectors that come with Pixhawk Mini, rather than those that come with the radios.
Transceiver Telemetry Radio V3
- 2 x Radio modules with antennas
- 1 x Micro-USB cable
- 1 x Android OTG adapter cable
- 1 x GH 6P-GH 6P cable
- 1 x MLX 6P-GH 6P cable
- 2 x SMA adapter
- Additional Information
SKU 12286 Manufacturer Holybro UPC (GTIN) No