New for July/Aug 2015 is the FrSky X9E - aka Taranis E - Mode 2 - A EURO style dual shoulder harness/tray & radio placed above Taranis in terms of stick accuracy and dual screens so that telemetry information is also displayed on a dedicated "top" OLED screen. Each radio ships with the newest firmware version to support the new haptic vibration feedback system.
Note: No receiver is included in this package.
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.
The TARANIS mixes the power of the "OPEN TX" open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings, etc., just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable fail-safe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the capabilities of the transmitter even more with dual RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of "OPEN TX" software and community, an ergonomic case with ultra-smooth smooth ball bearing gimbals, a large back-lit LCD on the bottom and an OLED telemetry screen at the top with an included battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- Quad Ball Bearing Gimbals
- 6 potentiometers and 8 switches
- 2 pot slots and 8 switch slots for extension
- OLED Color Top Screen
- Rotary Navigation Dial
- Swing Out Arms for Harness
- Receiver Match
- Audio Speech Outputs (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
- Antenna Status Detection and Adjustment
- Real-time Flight Data Logging
- Switch Numbers Extendable
- Receiver Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) Alerts
- Super Low Latency
- Smart Port Supported
- Vibration Alerts
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Model name Taranis X9E
- Number of Channels: up to 16 (extendable to 32)
- Operating Voltage Range:6-15v (2s, 3s Lipos are acceptable)
- Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
- Operating Temperature -10~60C
- Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is used)
- Stick mode: Mode 2 (Left hand throttle)
- Taranis X9E Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter (Mode 2 version)
- 1x 6-cell 2000mAh NiMH Transmitter Battery
- Radio battery wall charger
- Neck Strap
- Soft Travel Case
- Additional Information
SKU 4134 Manufacturer FrSky UPC (GTIN) 721248870520