The FlySky FS-i6 is a great entry level 6-channel telemetry 2.4ghz computer transmitter that uses solid and reliable Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System (AFHDS) spread spectrum technology. The FlySky FS-i6 has both a nice quality look and feel, while the programming is simple to use. The TGY-i6 also has an impressive list of features and includes a FS-iA6B 6-channel receiver. Suitable for both multirotor, Heli, and Airplane, the FlySky FS-i6 is a superb budget computer radio for both new pilots and experienced pilots alike!
The ultra slim case design ergonomically fits your hands leading to less hand fatigue especially during long flights. Digital trims, backlit LCD screen, and simple programming give the FS-i6 a modern feel with all the features you want. With a low profile antenna, the FS-i6 is easy to store and no worries about breaking it. Adjustable length sticks, and a loop for attaching a neck strap round out the list of comfort features this radio offers. For changing flight modes or multiple flap position options, the FS-i6 has a 3-position switch, as well as two adjustable knobs.
Expand the capabilities of your models or just know what is going on with the optional telemetry receivers and variety of sensors. Normally you would have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a transmitter with this capability. Not so with the availability of the FS-i6.
For the price, the features the FS-i6 offers make this one of the best radios available dollar for dollar.
- Entry level 6 channel 2.4ghz radio with telemetry capability
- Dual Rate/Trims/Gear/Flap/Gyro Gain Adjust/Flight Mode/Throttle Hold/Hover Pitch Switches
- Easy to use Programming & Navigation Buttons
- Supports Heli/Standard Wing/Elevon/V-Tail
- 20 Model Memory
- 8 Character Model Name
- Trainer port
- Backlit LCD Screen displays real time transmitter and receiver voltage
- 4 Stick Mode Selectable
- Optional telemetry receivers and sensors available separately
- Channels: 6
- Model Type: fixed-wing / glider / helicopter/ multirotor
- RF Range: f2.405-2.475Ghz
- Bandwidth: 500Khz
- Band: 142
- RF Power: Less than 20 dBm
- 2.4G System: AFHDS 2A and AFHDS
- Code type: GFSK
- Sensitivity: 1024
- Low voltage warning: Less than 4.2V
- DSC port: PS2; output:PPM
- Charger port: No
- ANT length: 26mm*2 (dual antenna)
- Weight: 392g
- Power: 6V 1.5AA*4
- Display mode: Transflective STN positive type,128*64 dot matric VA73*39mm, white backlight
- Size: 174*89*190mm
- Online update: Yes
- Certificate: CE0678,FCC
- 1x FlySky FS-i6 6 CH Transmitter
- 1x Manual/Quick Start Guide on CD-Rom
- 1x FlySky FS-iA6B (AFHDS 2A)
Great radio for budget minded flyers - review by Kaity on 12/8/2017
This radio was my first. I bought it to start in to the hobby as I began to venture in to building and flying my own FPV aircraft. It has been a perfect functioning unit with good feel.
I have since replaced it with FrSky, but still use the FlySky FS-i6 to control my multiple Tiny Whoop builds.
Good controller, excellent shipping! review by YabbaDabba on 11/5/2016
Has good range, smooth gimbals, easy to use. Good secondary controller for friends to use with my extra quads.
Getfpv- 2 thumbs up on packing/shipping all the same day it was bought and arrived in 2 days!!
Great entry level 6CH transmitter review by Chith on 2/26/2016
I think it's a great entry level transmitter. I bought one for my brother so that he can get into the mini quad and it works well. We hooked it up with the Vortex 285 and within minutes he was up and running. It came with the latest FIRMWARE and all we had to do with enable PPM in the settings. The thickness is about half the size of my Taranis and the unit has a good weight to it with batteries installed. I was worried it being a really cheesy but now i think this will last.
My complaints are
1.To save settings you have to hold the "CANCEL" button to save anything. It was really weird.
2. I wish it had more buttons for the navigation
3. The on/off switch feel cheesy and matter of fact when I first turn it on, it fell off. No biggie thought I just put it back in place and it's secure now.
Things they should do "if they are reading this, which i doubt"
1. I wish it had a picture of a quadcopter for a model profile
2. I wish when choosing a new model profile program a quadcopter was on the list. I ended up using the Airplane/Glider
3. It should've have included all the cables for programming for future upgrades. You have to buy it from their site at FlySky.
I hope this helps