This is the new and very powerful FrSky Taranis RC X9D Plus radio system. The radio also includes a Haptic Vibration Feedback System which provides an alternative feedback system to the existing voice and sound. If you are a club member this is a welcome addition without annoying your fellow club members. The Plus also includes a dual color LCD back-lit screen, allowing you to adjust from white to blue. Each radio ships with the newest firmware version to support the new haptic vibration feedback system. This combo includes the FrSky X8R 16ch Receiver with SBUS, Smart Port and Amplified PCB Antennas.
Note: The SWR check of the transmitter antenna is no longer available.
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.
The TARANIS mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable fail-safe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with duel RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, a ergonomic case with ultra-smooth smooth ball bearing gimbals and a large back-lit LCD with an included battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- New in X9D Plus
- Haptic Vibration Feedback System
- Adjustable Screen colors (White to Blue)
- Newest Firmware
- RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
- 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Self-test of the transmitter antenna
- 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
- Audio Speech outputs
- USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
- Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
- Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
- Large back-lit display
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
- Model name: Taranis X9D Plus
- Number of Channels: up to 16
- Operating Voltage Range:6-15v (2s, 3s Lipos are acceptable)
- Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
- Operating Temperature: -10~60C
- Backlit LCD Screen: 212*64 Monochrome
- Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers
- Stick mode: Mode 2 (Left hand throttle)
- Taranis X9D Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter (Mode 2 version)
- 1x X8R 16ch Receiver with PCB Antenna
- 1x 6-cell 2000mAh NiMH Transmitter Battery
- Radio battery wall charger
- Neck Strap
Love it. review by Siddha on 2/11/2016
I've had this radio for a while now, and had no problems. I really like the fact that you have a wide variety of receivers that you can use. I would recommend this controller to anyone that is starting this hobby.
Fantastic Radio review by Andrew on 7/13/2015
If you have a Spektrum like me and are in the market for a new receiver it will cost you more than half of what this receiver/radio combo is.
I took the plunge and bought it and its a fantastic unit. It does so much more than the Spektrum as its infinitely programmable. I will be buying new Taranis receivers from now on as there is no point supporting my Spektrum DX7S. This is my new favorite transmitter.
Great radio review by wayne on 5/8/2015
FrSky has really out done themselves. The Taranis is extremely powerful and flexible.
Taranis X9D Plus - 10 out of 10!! review by Nathan on 1/31/2015
First impressions the the Taranis X9D Plus is very nice! The overall quality you can feel in your hands, moving the sticks, and adjusting the switches is what makes this transmitter stand out from the rest. Not to mention the capability of the OpenTx software as well as price point is what makes this hands down a top contender. I'm now seeing what all the fuss is about!