The fpvmanuals NX-4008 is an upgraded version of the popular 40mm stator HobbyKing NX multi-rotor motor series. This NX-4008 is an all black rendition of the popular 620kv version and features 13"/330mm long motor cables. This is a very efficient and versatile motor. The motor ships with a prop adapter and integrated prop-saver studs. You can drive this motor with 3 or 4 cell lipos and props ranging from 9x5 to 12x4.5. It's a great motor choice for the Pro Tricopter Kit on 4s, 18A Plush ESC, and a 10x4.7 APC prop. This combo provides approximately 1KG of lift each for over 3KG of lift on a tricopter across all three motors. This motor has a unique triangular mounting hole pattern that fits both the Pro Tricopter Delrin kit and the QAV500 FPV Quadcopter kit. This motor requires M2.5 mounting screws WHICH ARE NO LONGER INCLUDED. The Pro Tricopter Kit requires 9x 20mm long M2.5 screws. The QAV500 requires 12x 6mm long M2.5 screws.
- KV: 620kv
- Weight (with cables): 87g
- Suitable Props: 9, 10, 11, 12 x 4.5, 4.7, 5
- Most Efficient Prop Size: 10x4.7 or 10x5
- ESC: 18amp or higher
- Lipo: 3s or 4s
- Shaft Diameter: 3mm
- Prop Adapter Diameter: 5mm
- Cable Length: 320mm
- Cable Gauge: 20AWG
- Stator: 40mm
- Diameter: 45mm
- Mounting Holes: 2 sets of 3 Triangularly positioned holes. Large triangle: each triangle side is 27.3mm. Small triangle: each triangle side is 13mm.
- Suitable Mounting Screw: 6mm M2.5 (for QAV500), 20mm M2.5 (for Pro Tricopter Kit). Button-head, socket screw, or phillips head.
- M2.5 mounting screws/hardware not included.
Replacement Bearings or Bearings Upgrade
If desired, these motors can be serviced with new bearings from Boca Bearings. Boca sells bearing kits that come with 4 bearings per kit. You will need 2 bearings per motor. 3x8x4mm Boca Bearings.